B-I-N-G-O!!!
[ QUOTE ]
Hmmm... how many teams in recent memory have won state championships without winning their Region along the way?
[/ QUOTE ]
Clarke County this year comes to mind. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
"Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08
B-I-N-G-O!!!
...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....
Would you say the majority of state championship teams did not win their Region? 25%? 50%? 75%? more?
I would think it is kind of rare.
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Hmmm... how many teams in recent memory have won state championships without winning their Region along the way?
[/ QUOTE ]
Clarke County this year comes to mind. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
[/ QUOTE ]
[URL="http://cvcgrad.spaces.live.com/blog/"][/URL]
Well if the VHSL posted Region and District Champions in the record book it would be easy to find out...Wonder why they don't since they are so important around here?
...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....
Yeah its always easy to criticize other teams for winning a lowly Region title when you haven't even been to state in over 30 years.
See how it works?
Not trying to be all correct on everything....haha... but Stacy graduated in '97 not '94.
Concerning also the thing you said about the players who have come through the state that have been well known but have not broke the career scoring record that he has... a lot of that has to do with the system that you play in as well as the level of competition that you play night in and night out. This is not to take away Stacy's ability to score or anything because he could fill it up when he was hot.
Gate City's offense for example is not an equal opportunity score fest but it isn't geared toward one specific person as Twin Springs was with Ervin during his time up there. Adam and Stacy's role on their respective teams mirror each other a great deal. The biggest thing to me that shows whether you have a bonafide player on your team is that guy's ability to make his teammates better and both Adam and Stacy had that unique ability to do that in their career. Both also had some great unique minds to guide them on the bench as well. Both Adam and Stacy while they played the main role of scorer and playmaker on their teams, they were also very classy individuals who never once that I saw tried to put the spotlight on themselves.
UNION HIGH SCHOOL BEARS - THE NEW ERA BEGINS
I would say it is more like 30%, and definitely not a majority. I just couldn't resist when you said that. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
"Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08
[ QUOTE ]
Not trying to be all correct on everything....haha... but Stacy graduated in '97 not '94.
Concerning also the thing you said about the players who have come through the state that have been well known but have not broke the career scoring record that he has... a lot of that has to do with the system that you play in as well as the level of competition that you play night in and night out. This is not to take away Stacy's ability to score or anything because he could fill it up when he was hot.
Gate City's offense for example is not an equal opportunity score fest but it isn't geared toward one specific person as Twin Springs was with Ervin during his time up there. Adam and Stacy's role on their respective teams mirror each other a great deal. The biggest thing to me that shows whether you have a bonafide player on your team is that guy's ability to make his teammates better and both Adam and Stacy had that unique ability to do that in their career. Both also had some great unique minds to guide them on the bench as well. Both Adam and Stacy while they played the main role of scorer and playmaker on their teams, they were also very classy individuals who never once that I saw tried to put the spotlight on themselves.
[/ QUOTE ]
A top 10 post if I've ever seen one. You're right on the money with that one!
"Yes, there are two paths you can go by
But in the long run
There's still time to change the road you're on."
It's like this...To me basketball is as boring as watching paint dry...and the last time PV went to state in b-ball i was a freshmen in HS...who cares...if ur gonna talk up how good a team is...have something to back it up with tho.
...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....
congratulations to everybody that received honors, whether it be 1st team or honorable mention. You were recognized in the best region in Virginia.
Bookmarks